Bangalore

Saturday, March 25, 2006

‘Gramodyog Shilpi’ - Astonishing award - for my mamayyaa

"Imp Note:- I thought I have published this post. But unfortunately it is still lying in my blog world in draft mode. So I thought it is never late than before to congratuate my mama." - 3/17/2008

Hey, today I have a really good news to share with you all. Today was the day when my mama bagged the award of ‘Gramodyog Shilpi’, from Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) one amoung the seven awardees at the state level(Andhra Pradesh), from the hands of Governor - Rameshwar Takur. Award ceremony was held at RajBhavana began @ 6.00PM. (Wish I would have been there in India for the award ceremony.....Pch....sitting in my home US browsing the web to gather more news on the event)

When I went thru the process of selecting the people for the award, I personally feel that achieving this award is not very easy until there is real interest and hard work behind it. Here are more details on the selection process "http://www.kvic.org.in/v4/village_industries.asp"

I really appreciate Government's efforts in promoting the rural artesians who are worth receiving the recognition. This is the first time that KVIC has started state level recognition.

Seven awards were given under seven different categories 2 from Khadi and 5 from Village Industries.....

Beekeeper - Kavuri Sambasiva Rao of Tenali & B Ashok Vardhan of Kothapally
Can & Bamboo - J Punitha Seelam of Mantralayam
Pottery - Mididodla Naganjaneyulu of Vijayawada
Fibre - B Siva Varaprasad of Vijayawada
Khadi Spinning - Podishetty Bondamma of Vavilal in Karimnagar
Khadi Weaving - Kamineni Kanakaiah of Pratishthan of Karimnagar

Congrats to the awardees.....and am really proud of my mama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home